Purls Just Wanna Have Fun!

"In the rhythm of the needles, there is music for the soul." --- from an old sampler

My Photo
Name:
Location: City by the Bay, California, United States

Who am I? Marisol, A brunette born and raised in San Francisco, CA. Likes: Reading, knitting, listening to music and drinking Mojitos (preferrably) under a canopy on a tropical beach. Dislikes: Having to clean and do laundry. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. When I grow up I want to be: An Artist and an Archeologist travelling the world in search of her next find! What I really am: A Project Manager, step-mother/mother/wife,obsessive knitter, happy

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Knit Sock Kit Swap

I just recently joined another swap the "Knit Sock Kit Swap"--this one is a little different in that the objective is to create a sock kit for a pal and send it to them. You start off by creating a project bag (for socks) and then add other items that would be helpful for the sock knitter including a suggested pattern. Very creative and fun. Here are the answers to the The Questionnaire:

What are your favorite colors? Fuschia, Turquoise, Green, lots of vivid colors, Earth Tones too (don't like neons).

Are you a new sock knitter? Yes

How long have you been knitting socks? 1 month.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Multicolored

What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? Merino Super Wash - soft and a little on the thick side

Where do you usually knit socks? At home on the couch, in front of TV during prime time after my son goes to bed.

How do you usually carry/store small projects? I have this thin project bag I purchased at my LYS. Its on its last leg though from the pointy size 1s, 2s, 3 needles.

What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? I like Knitty, Have a number of Lornas laces, I like lace patterns and search the web some times.

What are your favorite sock knitting techniques?
I only know how to knit toe up on 2 circulars for now. I tried Cat Bordhis cuff down on 2 circulars and got only half way. Need to give this another go.

What new techniques would you like to try? Knitting 2 socks at once on circular needles.

Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting?
Circulars.

What are some of your favorite yarns?
Socks That Rock, Vesper, Scouts Knitted Swag, Sundara yarns, Crown Mountain Farms - Hop sock Yarn, Yarn Botanika on KPixie.

What yarn do you totally covet?: Knitting Sunshine Yarn: Dragonfly and Beach Day, Socks That Rock- I'm trying to collect all the colors. Vesper also, I only missing 2 colors right now: Knit and Tonic and Storm on the water.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? The Pommatomus off of Knitty.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I like Addi Turbos and Crystal Palace.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? I would be Malabrigo Thick and Thin or Worsted or Socks that Rock Thick handspun or sock yarn.


Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
Caramels, nuts and chews, english toffee

What’s your favorite animal?
Dogs, lions.

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages?
No pets for now.

If you were a color what color would you be?
Yellow or Aubergine

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s)..
Nice soft cotton pullover with a ballet neckline and 3/4 inch sleeves.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
The Planet earth as seen from Outer Space

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read.
The coldest winter I ever spent--was a summer in San Francisco by Mark Twain. It gets cold out here in the summer because the fog rolls in to cool off the inland areas. Unfortunately it rolls in through the city by the bay to spread out and cool things off around us.

Do you have a wishlist?
Yes at Amazon. Knitpics is not working right now.

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today?
I just recently (quite accidentally) was introduced to spinning. I just bought a hand spindle and a spin it instructional book. I have some pencil roving from Crown Mountain Farms and will be giving spinning a go to see how I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home