Purls Just Wanna Have Fun!

"In the rhythm of the needles, there is music for the soul." --- from an old sampler

My Photo
Name:
Location: City by the Bay, California, United States

Who am I? Marisol, A brunette born and raised in San Francisco, CA. Likes: Reading, knitting, listening to music and drinking Mojitos (preferrably) under a canopy on a tropical beach. Dislikes: Having to clean and do laundry. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. When I grow up I want to be: An Artist and an Archeologist travelling the world in search of her next find! What I really am: A Project Manager, step-mother/mother/wife,obsessive knitter, happy

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Mothers Day Shopping Spree - Stash Enhancement Yea!

This post is a little late --But as I always say
Better Late than Never!

Boy did I have a wonderful Mothers Day Weekend On Saturday we had a picnic at Lake Del Valle with the family --my mom and mother in law were there too. We had a very relaxing day by the lake, good food, and lots of fun and games. Here is a picture of me and my son:

The next day - Sunday we went out for breakfast, then went to church and immediately following; my husband took me to Imagiknit for a Mother's day shopping spree whoopie!

ImagiKnit in San Francisco was having a 30% off sale and I scored some awesome Australian Merino by PearTree products. This stuff is incredibly soft (makes me want to find more). I plan to make a chunky shawl for the Neutrals month of Project Spectrum. I'm Still figuring out which one--perhaps it will be the begginers shawl from "A Gathering of Lace" we will see.


After the shopping spree, I headed off to SkeinLane in El Cerrito for part II of my Toe Up on circulars lesson. Later I came back we had dinner and topped things off with a nice movie.

Other Mothers Day yarn stash enhancements included:

2 Skeins of Claudia Handpainted Sock yarn in: Dark Olive (socks 2b for husband) and 1 ball of Gedifra Disrato in green for a "Mac and Me" Winter Bandana. Here is a picture the bandana pattern:


4 Skeins of Scouts Hand Painted Swag Sock yarn in: Tharzay, Hot Fudge & Blueberries, Fruit Salad, and Pumpkin Smores:


7 Skeins of the oh so beautiful Malabrigo in the following colors: 3 - Seleccion Privada A, K, J. 1 black, 1 Loro Barranquero , 1 Vaa, and 1 in Tortuga. The Seleccion Privada A (left most skein) is going to live with Stacey from Sheep in the City. Stacey has become enfatuated with this yarn (can you blame her!) and the Loro Barranquero is going to gifted to one of my swaparama pals..TBD.

Finally, there is some Vesper sock yarn coming my way along with some Sock Hop yarn--Pictures later.
I guess you could say I've been busy Hee Hee...After all, Living on the West Coast and all made it a little hard getting out to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. See what happens when jealousy strikes!

3 Comments:

Blogger Allegra said...

Wow, nice stash enhancement!!!! I was at Imagiknit back in March and did some serious damage as well!! I really liked the store! I also liked the Samovar Tea Lounge kitty corner from the yarn shop.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow, I'm in yarn p*rn heaven!!! That is some awesome yarn you've got there!! Imagiknit sounds like a great shop (although I know you didn't buy ALL of that yarn there). My brother just moved out to the San Francisco area - hopefully we'll be able to go visit him some time, and I can make him take me to Imagiknit!! LOL - he'll be thrilled to take me yarn shopping (not).

5:08 AM  
Blogger Julsey said...

nope, not jealous of your stash enhancement. not at all. beautiful haul!!!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home