Purls Just Wanna Have Fun!

"In the rhythm of the needles, there is music for the soul." --- from an old sampler

My Photo
Name:
Location: City by the Bay, California, United States

Who am I? Marisol, A brunette born and raised in San Francisco, CA. Likes: Reading, knitting, listening to music and drinking Mojitos (preferrably) under a canopy on a tropical beach. Dislikes: Having to clean and do laundry. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. When I grow up I want to be: An Artist and an Archeologist travelling the world in search of her next find! What I really am: A Project Manager, step-mother/mother/wife,obsessive knitter, happy

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Guess Who Met Debbie Stoller?

Yup I met her while she visited Art Fibers in San Francisco to do a book review for "The Happy Hooker". She seems really nice --I did not have too much time to chat as my husband and little boy were waiting for me in the car. While I personally felt a bit rushed it was all good. She was great, she showed us a bunch of the projects from the book and talked about them. And she was wearing the outfit from the cover of her book. She is pretty down to earth.

All in all it was nice to see her in person.

Here a couple of shots of her at ArtFibers:




Oh and by the way, Guess who sent me an email yesterday? My Secret Pal - Naughty Elfin:) This is so exciting I cant wait to see who it is --I'll have to pay attention to the clues as this all unfolds over the next 3-4 months of SP8...

4 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Looks like you had fun, I've heard that she is totally nice and funny as well...

10:32 PM  
Blogger uhoava gnu said...

Hi! Thanks for your visit in my blog - I left you an answer there in the comment box (about the lacy socks).
Debbie Stoller looks nice! Her books are very popular in Finland too, maybe she doesn't even know it! ;)
You have so nice yarn in your pictures!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Now, Marisol. We need to talk. You do NOT have your husband to the yarn store and wait outside. The pressure, the pressure! How cool for you, though, to meet the famous Ms. Stoller!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi Marisol, I got your message on my graphics site. I'd love to work on a banner and button and format your blog!! I don't have an e-mail address, so just shoot me an e-mail and we can start talking about what you might want (my e-mail address should come through on this comment, and is also on both my knitting blog and my graphics blog). How cool that you got to meet Debbie Stoller - Stitch N Bitch taught me a lot of what I know about knitting!!

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home