Purls Just Wanna Have Fun!

"In the rhythm of the needles, there is music for the soul." --- from an old sampler

My Photo
Name:
Location: City by the Bay, California, United States

Who am I? Marisol, A brunette born and raised in San Francisco, CA. Likes: Reading, knitting, listening to music and drinking Mojitos (preferrably) under a canopy on a tropical beach. Dislikes: Having to clean and do laundry. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. When I grow up I want to be: An Artist and an Archeologist travelling the world in search of her next find! What I really am: A Project Manager, step-mother/mother/wife,obsessive knitter, happy

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Secret Pal 8 - Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? My favorite yarn right now is MalAbrigo from Uruguay --its just like butter! I also like Colinette Point 5, Lornas Laces, Vesper Sock Yarn, Claudia Hand Painted, and the oh so beautiful Socks that Rock!!! I guess this makes me a Yarn Snob:) I don't usually go for scratchy yarns. Unless they are linen or hemp which are supposed to be like that.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a needle case for my circulars and a Jordanna Paige Knitting tube for my straits.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for 2+ years. I would consider myself --Intermediate to advanced

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Amazon is up and running. I need to figure out the Knitpicks one too.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Any fresh scent, citrus, flowers, fruits are nice too.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes, I like Nuts and chews, gummy candy, sours, exotic chocolates like Vosges.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I do not spin -I have been getting into cards and post card making lately.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Jazz, salsa, soft rock --no hip hop. I am sure I have MP3 if not my husband does.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I like most colors, earth tones, reds, burgandies, greens, yellow, pink, bright colors are nice too. NO Neons please.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married and have one little boy. No pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear all of these except for ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Hats, shawls, purses, and lately socks--I am starting to get into socks.

13. What are you knitting right now? A couple of beanies for my brother, A flower basket shawl, 3 pairs of socks, a dishrag, a clapotis, and last but not least a toddler blanket.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes - they are more meaningful.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I use all of these except for plastic.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, I have both.

17. How did you learn to knit?
One of my co-workers thought it would be a good to start a "Stitch&Bitch here at work. We agreed and she taught us all how to knit--A learn how to knit group session. The rest is history. We have been meeting at lunch every Wednesday for the past 2 years.

18. How old is your oldest UFO? 5 months --this would be the toddler blanket

19. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas!!!!

20. Is there anything that you collect? Hearts, Knitting nitnacks, jewlery boxes, pins

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave Knits. Books I have a list going at Amazon.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'd like to learn needle felting. I'd like to learn how to make a sweater and get better at making socks.

23. Are you a sock knitter? I am just getting into socks and I am very excited about this--I have been shopping for cool sock yarns: Lornas Laces, Socks that Rocks, Vesper Sock yarn, Scouts Knitted Swag, Cludias Hand Painted, Spunky Eclectic. What are your foot measurements? I wear a size 9.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd: July 24th

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home