Purls Just Wanna Have Fun!

"In the rhythm of the needles, there is music for the soul." --- from an old sampler

My Photo
Name:
Location: City by the Bay, California, United States

Who am I? Marisol, A brunette born and raised in San Francisco, CA. Likes: Reading, knitting, listening to music and drinking Mojitos (preferrably) under a canopy on a tropical beach. Dislikes: Having to clean and do laundry. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. When I grow up I want to be: An Artist and an Archeologist travelling the world in search of her next find! What I really am: A Project Manager, step-mother/mother/wife,obsessive knitter, happy

Friday, June 23, 2006

Clapotis & Rock & Weave Socks Work in Progress:

I decided to pick up my poor Clapotis that had been sitting on the needles since January. When I first started working on this pattern it seemed to just go on and on forever. However, since then a number of things have happened... I learned how to knit lace, socks, hats, and overall have experimented with more intricate patterns. I believe these previous projects have enriched my knitting experience and I can now look at the Clapotis and have fun with it! I am really enjoying this pattern. I guess you can say I am looking at it with fresh eyes.... Sometimes this is what it takes. Look at how pretty the Lion and Lamb - Bittersweet yarn is--oh and look I've made some good progress too!



Also, I finally cast on the Rock and Weave socks for the BMFA Rocking Sock Club. These will serve for two Knitalongs that I am participating in BMFA and Summer of Socks. Here is a picture of the cuff progess:


3 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Ah, the clapotis is already gorgeoue!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The clappy is beautiful. Watch your yarn closely! If you went with only three skeins, it's not uncommon to run out of yarn!

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great start on the socks! Looks like the striping / patterning is going to be very nice. :-)

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home