Purls Just Wanna Have Fun!

"In the rhythm of the needles, there is music for the soul." --- from an old sampler

My Photo
Name:
Location: City by the Bay, California, United States

Who am I? Marisol, A brunette born and raised in San Francisco, CA. Likes: Reading, knitting, listening to music and drinking Mojitos (preferrably) under a canopy on a tropical beach. Dislikes: Having to clean and do laundry. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. When I grow up I want to be: An Artist and an Archeologist travelling the world in search of her next find! What I really am: A Project Manager, step-mother/mother/wife,obsessive knitter, happy

Friday, April 14, 2006

Project Spectrum - April "Yellow & Orange"

Hello,
Its been a while since my last post. This of course is due to the fact that I have been on vaction for about 2 weeks and was busy prior to that trying to get everything ready --so that we could go on vaca (my husband, little boy and I).

Here a few items that I knit up: The yellow and blue "Cal Bears" hat I knit prior to going on vaca and the heart scarf during vacation (mostly on the plane to and from Cancun). I am realy pleased with the way the scarf came out. Especially the fringe-I incorporated Murano glass heart beads --I actually strung the wires through myself to make the loops that would hold the yarn:) Pretty Crafty Eh... Project Spectrum is definitely pushing me to be more and more creative!

Upon my return, I got to open many special packages from orders I had placed prior to leaving. Among these, there were several awesome books! Mason Dixon Knitting, Weekend Knitting, Knitting Rules and the Knit It greeting cards booklet. What fun!

Here are some pictures. Oh--and take a close look at my completed post card for Project Spectrum. This is on its way to my postcard swap pal Lynn who lives in Jacksonville FL.



h


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home